Monday, March 15, 2004

Goodbye My Friend - poem

You wrote to me and I wrote to you;
We encouraged one another through writing.
But suddenly you wrote no more,
And I have not heard from you for a year or so.

Surprisingly I received an email from 'you' last Friday.
I was so happy and quickly opened to read it.
But I was shocked and speechless...
I did not know what to say or how to feel.

My feeling froze for a moment then tears began to flow.
That email was not from you but from your brother.
Your brother said that you were gone without a word;
That you had been suffering much pains from your sickness until February.

Then your pains were relieved when you breathed your last.
Your brother asked me not to reply that email
Because your address will be removed.
Your new address is now 'Heaven' where there's no sorrow and no pain.

Why didn't you tell me when you were sick and in pain?
Why must I know it from your brother instead of you?
Should I grieve or should I rejoice? I really don't know.
I have very mixed feelings...

I can't help crying yet I rejoice that you are at a better place than I am now.
Goodbye my friend for now, I will miss you...
But I know I shall see you again one day,
For our permanent 'address' is the same.

- Bee

posted Monday, 15 March 2004

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home