Thursday, March 24, 2005

Am I A Rainbow? - Poem

rainbow.
vibrance that glow.

rainbow.
with colors to show.

rainbow.
without it, life be low.

rainbow.
a time to sow.

rainbow.
so i would know.

rainbow.
for things needed to grow.

rainbow.

- Friend C


My Reflection

I wasn't sure what Friend C meant when he wrote the above poem at his blog, so I asked for his explanation. But he answered:

"the point of me writing that is for u to read... not much point of me telling u wat it means to u or me or whoever..."

Hmmn... I think I could guess, but I tried not to, in case I guess wrongly and embarrass myself. With much 'reluctance' he explained:

"vibrance that glow, with colors to show, without it life be so low... it speaks of you... ur character, personality, ur kindness, cares, and love;

a time to sow, so i would know, for things to grow... speaks of the possibility of us... take the time to know each other, confirm things within myself, grow in ourselves, grow as in growth, improvements... in everything... understanding, friendship to relationship, conversations,"

The explanation came as a surprise as I thought we had lots of communication problems. I thought Friend C must have found me a 'pain in the neck'. In fact, we argued till we 'declared cold war' in a few occassions recently.

I was even more surprised when Friend C shared how he felt when his internet access was cut off yesterday:

"did u know, i was so happy that i heard that i got the job, i was dying inside that i couldnt tell u"

Oh, I didn't know. I didn't expect it. I thought we were like 'enemies' for a while. But now... erm... I think 'fighting' does help us to know one another better... hehe.

But I hope no more 'fighting' from now onward. Actually, Friend C is the opposite of me.. that's why we had some communication problems. Guess 'opposite attacks'... haha

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home