Friday, March 25, 2005

Searching and Discovering - Poem

a honey bee with a tear,
stung by it, yet no fear,
everything seems crystal clear,
only one thing that is dear.

in a place where people are lonely,
things you've shown me,
all that's sweet as honey,
surely there has to be more to life than just money?

in reality on this soil,
sweat and blood spent on toil,
a bit of water and a bit of oil,
stick by me only with mosquito coil?

wrinkled face,
though filled with grace,
is this where you would stand,
holding my wrinkled hand?

and so my search continues,
a path that leads to an uncertain venue,
discovering things about you,
more than anything of value.

- Friend C


My Reflection

Can anyone love me for me? Can anyone understand? I don't know.

Yet Friend C wrote the above poem for me at his blog today. I am indeed surprised again. I appreciate his effort and felt touched. But I still don't know, or rather I am not sure.

Maybe my past experiences made me hold back. I need lots and lots of assurances before I am even willing to come out of my 'shell'. I need to know the reasons a person feels for me or loves me. I need to know both the feelings and the logic of love...

Can anyone love me for me? Can anyone wait for me? I don't know.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home