Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Further Studies?

Information overload for me soon? There are so much things I want to read up but so little time.

This afternoon, I was toying with the idea of taking a DBA (Doctorate of Business Admin) programme. It will take 2.5 years to complete based on the program offered by UniSA programme (download brochure here). Do I have the time to complete it? Possible, if I don't get distracted by anything else.

God seems to be speaking to me through tonight's devotion on The World Wide Web. Wow! The message is so timely. After the devotion I continued to read an article WATCH WHAT YOU LEAN ON which taught me something:
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

YOUR JOURNEY…

  • In what ways do you regularly bring God’s thoughts and guidance into the loop in decision-making? In what areas of your life do you usually go with your gut-level instincts?
  • How can you begin to acknowledge the Lord in your everyday decisions?
  • Take some time to read through Proverbs 3. What is the role of God’s wisdom in our lives? According to this chapter, what is the net gain of seeking God’s wisdom rather than relying on our own?
  • Pray specifically about an issue where you need God’s clear direction. Make your request for wisdom as specific as possible, and then wait for His response.


Yes, I need to pray for wisdom in the decision I make.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 02 May, 2007 06:14, Blogger Richard said...

I try to pray frequently to God for guidance and strength and wisdom. The only time I go with gut-level instinct is when I am choosing food.

How do I acknowledge God? Through prayer. Prayer is not about gimme, gimme. It is a conversation, a reflection. But, I my prayer life, like all other relationships goes through cycles. Sometimes it is plentiful and intense, other times it is less intense. I think I have been blessed that it has never been absent. I also find your religious faith journey inspirational.

Praying specifically is hard. The temptation is to pray specifically wrong (I want that red 1972 Corvette). We have to realize that when we are praying and our prayers don’t seem to be answered, it might be that we are not praying right.

If you love to learn, and this is something that you will enjoy, then I encourage you to take it. I decided 12 years ago when I finished university that I would probably never go back to school because I really, really dislike homework and assignments. I continue learning, but have no interest in taking courses where I have assignments. Mind you, 2-3 years ago, I was thinking about taking an industrial design program at university.

I pray that you will reflect carefully and recognize and pursue the opportunities God places before you and ignore the illusions and distractions of the adversary.

 
At 03 May, 2007 16:46, Blogger buzybee said...

I don't really like to study too, but I have to study so that I can do a better job at work.

I am constantly learning, with or without a paper qualification. However, if what I have learned can also be a recognized piece of paper, why not? :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home