Friday, February 10, 2006

Opposite of Love

"The opposite of love is not hate. It's apathy or indifference … it's practiced by people who don't care enough to care. The fact is that people don't care what we know until they know how much we care." (Daily Encounter, The Opposite of Love)

Quite true... when I start to feel 'nothing', "apathy" gets into me. I don't have any special attachment to anyone, no expectation from anyone, don't feel hurt, don't feel disappointed, no sadness, no nothing.... Am I just existing then?

When someone says "I love you" to me recently I didn't feel as warm as I used to before... I put up a resistance, I tried not to feel its warm. Is there anything wrong with me? Have I become cold hearted? Or maybe I don't care what a person says till I can see his actions.

I guess continuous actions of love will still warm me no matter how cold my heart has become...

More Than Word

Saying I love you is not the words I want to hear from you
It's not that I want you not to say but if you only knew how easy
It would be to show me how you feel

More than words is all you have to do to make it real
Then you wouldn't have to say
That you love me 'cos I'd already know

What would you do if my heart was torn in two
More than words to show you feel that your love for me is real
What would you say if I took those words away
Then you couldn't make things new Just by saying I love you

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10 February, 2006 14:55, Blogger Dr.Prince (王子- 陳琮祐) said...

'I love you' can be a magic word, but say it often, it becomes meaningless. Sometimes, we need to know when to say it...When someone starts to feel indifference, it is not because love doesn't exist, it is because love has been routined, transforming into greater commitment, or perhaps, weighing more to companionship...cheers, we still need those 3 words to survive, imagine if the word 'Love' doesnot exist, what will it becomes...

 
At 10 February, 2006 23:32, Blogger buzybee said...

A gal will never be sick of hearing "I love you" from the one who truly loves her... don't be stingy in using it if u really mean what u say. :)

 
At 14 February, 2006 06:51, Blogger Richard said...

I left a comment Friday, but blogger crashed and I lost it ... and silly me, I had composed it in blogger's comment window rather than Word. sigh.

I had written a blog with a similar title way back.

I think it is good that you question and that you do not turn into jelly at being told "I love you".

I still believe that love is not something that just happens. It is a process, it will be known by its gentleness and kindness.

There is no problem with evaluating people, in keeping your eyes open.

Trust me, marriage is a lot harder than it seems (even when you have what you thought was an almost perfect person). Things that are small between friends, can quickly become big issues when you are trying to grow your life together.

Trusting too quickly is a fault and it may cause you to be unnecessarily hurt. Trusting too slowly is a fault too - and one which I suffer from.

Take care.

 
At 14 February, 2006 22:20, Blogger buzybee said...

thanks for ur advice, richard... will take note. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home