Saturday, February 04, 2006

When I Behold the Stars - poem

Ah... my busyness at work since last month has robbed me of my time to reflect, to think, to admire, to get in touch with my feelings... Is that good or bad?

After work, I would reach home around 8 p.m. or later, have my dinner and then take my bath. By the time I could sit down and relax it would be almost 10 p.m. That's when I start checking my email and do my online devotion which will finish by past midnight. By then I would be rather tired and need to sleep and wake up at about 7.15 a.m. to prepare for work.

This may be good for me... I have
no time to think of the past,
no time to get hurt,
no time to feel sorrowful,
no time to feel lonely,
no time to blog too much,
no time to write poem,
no time to love,
no time to miss anyone...

Hmmn... nature always gives me inspiration. :) Today, as I was reading someone's blog post, "to the stars", I just felt inspired to comment:


when I behold the stars,
they simply replace my scars;
they fill my heart with songs,
then all my sorrows are gone...

- bee

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 05 February, 2006 17:37, Blogger Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

Nice li'l poem. It's good to be busy, but do take care and always remember that having time for urself and the Lord is more important than any other thing in the world... :)

 
At 06 February, 2006 02:50, Blogger Ken Loh said...

i was wondering the same for myself too. :)

 
At 07 February, 2006 00:16, Blogger Beth said...

Hey both... thanks for dropping by to comment. Guess we are all same smae. :P

 
At 07 February, 2006 02:31, Blogger Richard said...

Whiel it is true that being busy will ensure that you have:

no time to think of the past,
no time to get hurt,
no time to feel sorrowful,
no time to feel lonely,
no time to blog too much,
no time to write poem,
no time to love,
no time to miss anyone...


eventually you will find that you have

no time to be me,
no time to grow,
no time to enjoy life

and you will find yourself going down a path of emptiness.

I can empathize with you. I often have the same feeling, I get to work early (to beat traffic) and leave late (to avoid traffic) and find myself with little time in th eevening - although, I do try to read.

(not that when I have lots of time I am any better, I just manage to fritter it away. sigh.)

 
At 07 February, 2006 21:11, Blogger buzybee said...

hmn.. won't la... with friends like u, and my time with God... life is wonderful. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home