Monday, January 30, 2006

Some Reflections on CNY

This CNY is different from the other CNYs... it begins on a Sunday (yesterday), which means the first place I have to go is my church. After the church service I visited my relatives as usual.. an once a year affair.

I visited 2 other relatives and also my ex-colleague today (the 2nd day of CNY). Food and tib-bits seem to be plentiful at every household. I already put back the 2kg I lost last week... but it's ok, I burn off my fat very easily. :)

At my ex-colleague's home, something impressed me... her well designed and decorated 5-room HDB flat. She is still single, and is above 35 year-old. Later I learnt that she co-owned that flat with her female friend, also single and is above 35 year-old. Hmmn... I didn't know that 2 singles, who are above 35 year-old, are eligible to apply for a 5-room HDB flat just like any married couples.

Yes, they have their own private room each, but it seems something is missing in that home though it was very beautifully furnished and has a quiet environment. Perhaps the absence of a male figure there gave me that kind of strange feeling. I tried to put myself in their shoes to see how I would feel. Erm... I guess if I were to remain single at their age, I would prefer to stay with a family, or with 3 other female friends instead of just one... the quietness makes the place seems lonely.

Ok, one more rest day to go before I go back to work again... I must make the best use of it... stay home and relax. :)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 31 January, 2006 04:11, Blogger Richard said...

A large flat is nice. More space. I could not share a place with anyone if I was single - never have.

Hope your relatives are giving you lots of red envelopes!

 
At 31 January, 2006 15:59, Blogger buzybee said...

I like the nos 4 when I think of a group... it's neither too small nor too big a group, it's just nice when going to places or do things together. :)

 
At 02 February, 2006 09:17, Blogger Richard said...

Bee commented: I like the nos 4 when I think of a group

???

I'm sorry bee, I have absolutely no clue what you just said.

 
At 02 February, 2006 19:10, Blogger buzybee said...

oh, sorry.... what i meant was, i wont like to stay with just another female friend (too quiet for comfort)... 4 female friends would be my ideal for staying together.

 
At 03 February, 2006 02:53, Blogger Richard said...

Thanks. Much clearer now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home