Thursday, September 28, 2006

Lonely

Warning: this is an emo post.

Everyone is lonely.
No one seems to have a "true" friend.
That's how it is around me.

I find the people around me all searching for that Something, that someone.
And worse of all, I find that I am one of that everyone.
It is just that everyone reacts differently to this thing that they are feeling and searching for.

We are all searching for that someone, yet no one seems to meet our expectation.
For me, I gave that dream up long ago. So long that I don't remember a time when I was actually actively looking for that special someone.
For others, they are still searching, and hoping in vain to find that someone.

I fancy myself as a subtle-strong kind of person.
I lend strength to my friends in a subtle kind of way. By trying to be a constant predictable kind of person.
Like a rock. You won't quite notice it coz it doesn't seem to do anything. It doesn't interfere. But if you need it, for whatever reason, the rock is still there to do what it can do. But a rock have little abilities other than to be there and strong for itself.
That's what I fancy myself to be. A person with a relatively strong kind of character.
I don't know whether it's true.

The problem with being that kind of person is that the people around you don't quite know when you are weak. And often, people like that are also proud, and hence do not say when they are weak.
Who's gonna be strong for me?
I don't want to be a problem to people. And I know I become one when I share my problems.
Which is why I hardly share.
I can't find anyone around my age I dare to be a problem to.

Sometimes I wonder, have I made myself so "suay bian" (easy) until my feelings get overlooked? Not that I mind a lot coz I rather have peace than to have my way.
But sometimes I get fed up that no one seems to see what I'm seeing.
I don't mind that much if no one follows my way.
I get fed up when ppl get pissed with me when my hands are tied.

I'm lonely and I try to seek my comfort from God.
Coz I know He's the only one who can really be strong for me.
The only one whom I know I won't be a problem to coz He doesn't face problems.
He can handle Everything

- by Eliz (15-year-old student)



My Thoughts:

When I read the above post, I felt as if she is talking about me. Wow! we seem so similar!

I am in a dilemma lately. It's a good thing my work busyness has given me no chance to think too much. I get very tired every night and feel like sleeping at about 11 p.m. That's why I hardly blog here. I long for weekends to come,then at least I can sleep longer.

Goodnight.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 29 September, 2006 00:12, Blogger Richard said...

I can relate as well.

It often seems that people are happy for the attention you give them, but don't seem to notice that maybe you would like a little attention yourself sometimes too.

Don't drown yourself in your work, it is no different from drowning yourself in a bottle.

 
At 04 October, 2006 01:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All things are possible through the Lord. Loneliness is a state of mind we imprison ourselves in.

If we find comfort and solace by being with no one but ourselves, there is really no room for loneliness.

Any relationship needs two to make it work. If someone is overlooking my needs, maybe I have not been open about my feelings. Being a good friend is not just about being there for them whenever they need you, but also by being honest with them whenever you need them too.

WHen we assume or expect friends to be like us - and should offer their time, emphathy and listening ear as readily as we would, it's really not their fault if they fail to do it.

I would say - It's my fault for not letting you know what I really feel inside, especially more so if you are a good friend of mine.

Then just like any relationship, you work on giving and taking and smooth out the imbalances.

That's why even when I am alone, I don't feel lonely. Because I know my friends know - and I know they know, because I made the effort to make them understand.

That is what friendship is about. It's not about them, how much I would bother them, how badly they have neglected me - but rather, what could both of us have done today to make our friendship richer and unforgettable?

I will let my friends know that, and at the same time, I will want them to tell me too. Nothing beats openess and honesty in relationships.

Maybe not everybody can accept that. But those who could, they have been my friends forever. And that's all I ever need for the rest of my life.

 
At 05 October, 2006 00:21, Blogger buzybee said...

Hey Richard, I am ok la... just super bzzzz. Thanks for your concern. :)

Hi Elvina, thanks for visiting my blog again. Thanks for sharing your thoughtstoo. I am quite accustomed to being a pillar of strength to others most of the time. I guess my introvert nature just makes me don't feel free to share too much about myself, except with one or two people who are very close to me. Usually these are the ones who know how to probe at the right time and in the right way... :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home