Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Am I a Plant?

Tomorrow is my Country's Birthday and I shall have a day off from work. That's something I needed the most for now. Oh yes, it's also somebody's birthday too.

As I was walking home alone, suddenly a question came into my mind, "Am I happy?" Ermmm.... I have not felt sad for quite some time, but neither do I feel happy. Hmmn.. I don't feel particularly happy or sad, that is. Have I lose my feeling? I really have no time to feel much accept to feel hungry, thirsty, sleepy and sometimes frustrated at work.

Am I living like a plant? Maybe....

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 09 August, 2006 10:32, Blogger buzybee said...

hehe.... nice rose. Thanks :)

so u also think i m a plant ya? :P

“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?” Matthew 6: 28-30

 
At 09 August, 2006 21:33, Blogger Richard said...

I love that passage. It is probably the way I have lived my life most times - just trust God will take care of me. Of course, sometimes I wonder if I should do more planning and set more objectives - every book I have read, everything I have ever heard about being successful seems to say that you need to make plans and set concrete objectives. I have always preferred to have more abstract objectives - to live a life that is good and worthy. I don't think it is possible to quantify and objectify that.

Of course, that has also caused the conflict in my soul these past few years as I ponder whether it has ben the right approach.

I still think you are more like a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice though :P

 
At 10 August, 2006 00:38, Blogger buzybee said...

Orange juice comes from the fruits of orange tree (plant) too. So I am rose and orange plants then... hehe :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home