Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Friendship & Love

My recent devotions seem to have a central theme on love and friendship such as:
My devotion last night again talked about Ruth's love for her mother-in-law, Noami. How did Ruth demonstrate her love?

Love is being faithful
Love is being courages
Love is being trusting
Love is being obedient
Love is doing, not just talking



These series of devotions make me think about what it really means to be a "friend". I seem to have a new revelation on "friendship" when I did my devotion Joy of True Friendship and Love. Now I know why some "friendship" can't last....

It's been more than a year since I last thought about the value of friendship. As I read my last year's post, Second Chance Reflections, I wonder where have my 'friends' gone.

Friend C (2003)
No news of him... perhaps he has started life afresh in both new work and new relationship. I wish him all the best.

Friend D (2004)

Not much change I guess, still drops by my blog to comment once in a while. Thanks for being around!

Friend K (2004)
Has found his sweet heart and too busy with both work and pak tor (dating), so no time to read my blog anymore. I am happy for him anyway.

Friend L (2004)
Disappeared.... perhaps already happily married and has no time for the cyber world. I wish her all the best.

Friend T (2005)

I said then, "I am not sure how long our friendship will last since we only know each other for about 6 months... only time can tell."
Right, time tells me that friendship changes with time for better or for worst. In this case the latter is true. But I will still be happy for him if he feels happier now.

Friend R & Friend M (2005)
I said then, "They made my days most of the time. Yes, I will miss them too if I have to go..."
I am glad that Friend R still drops by my blog very often and comments frequently... my true blog supporter and reader! :D I really appreciate his online friendship. I wish him and his family every happiness always.
Friend M has disappeared too... I wonder how she is now. I hope all is well with her.

Friend G (2005)
Still struggling with the same problems. I pray that God will help him break free.


12My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.
13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
14You are my friends if you do what I command.
- John 15:7-14

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 11 April, 2007 23:57, Blogger BeTheMan said...

hey, bee, i do patronize ur blog frequently lor, only i seldom comment mah... i still ask how u hav been, still chk out ur health, ur emotions lor... don say until i like a hotel regular like tat leh... :P

 
At 12 April, 2007 00:12, Blogger buzybee said...

haha... i know la, that's why i said "Thanks for being around!". Now u r champion already... my longest blog reader who still comes by regularly. Hope u don't drop out of the race ok? :)

 
At 12 April, 2007 07:11, Blogger Richard said...

I like to come here because it is peaceful (though, it was turbulent and stormy when I first arrived).

I've posted this before from:

Faithful friends are a sturdy shelter:
whoever finds one has found a treasure.
Faithful friends are beyond price;
no amount can balance their worth.
Faithful friends are life-saving medicine;
and those who fear the Lord will find them.
- Sirach 6:14-16

If you recall the bee-ology I answered for you a long while back, for the word to describe you, I chose: water because it is soft and gentle, refreshing and life giving.

 
At 12 April, 2007 16:47, Blogger buzybee said...

Hey Richard, thanks ya.... it's been about 1.5 years or more since your first visit, and you are still around here.

Yes, a few faithful friends, like yourself and David, are better and more precious than having many 'hotel guests'.

I don't have many friends, but I do have a few good friends. Time tells me who they are.

Cheers! :D

 
At 25 April, 2007 19:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmn.. you forgot to mention my name, but I am still around, one of your longest pal. :D

 
At 25 April, 2007 23:23, Blogger buzybee said...

they are online friends ma... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home