Saturday, February 24, 2007

My Long Outing Day

Feeling much better yesterday, I accompanied my friend from oversea to the zoo and then to Vivo City (new mega shopping mall) for window shopping, food and a movie. That was my first long outing after many years....

At the Zoo:
Spent about 3 hours walking to see the various animals.... now my legs are aching la. :(



See this cute baby penguin 'threading water'. See more zoo pictures taken by me and by others.


At Vivo City:
This is a real mega mall and there are big outdoor playgrounds for children at every floor. The post CNY sales is on with lots of discounts. You may catch a nice seaview when you stand outside the mall...



Beautiful night view of Vivo City. It overlooks the Sentosa Island just opposite. See more pictures taken by me and by others.


At the Movie: "The Fountain"
I was quite lost watching the movie. Yet the message that came through to me was that we better don't work so hard that we have no time for our loved ones. Sometimes men tend to spend little time with their wife or gf in the name of working hard for them to have a better life. Yet when they have finally got the money, their loved ones may not be around anymore. Then the men may live with regrets for life, like in this movie.

I guess this is a postmodernist approach to film making and it takes people with postmodern thoughts to appreciate the film.



You may watch the trailer and see more pictures and comments.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 26 February, 2007 11:28, Blogger Richard said...

bee wrote: I guess this is a postmodernist approach to film making and it takes people with postmodern thoughts to appreciate the film.

That made me smile. Now you are a film critic too. :-D

 
At 27 February, 2007 13:10, Blogger buzybee said...

hehe... it just came to my mind w/o much thoughts. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home