Monday, January 01, 2007

A Bad Start for 2007?



I have been sick since the eve of Christmas last year. I started with a slight cough, progressing into bad cough 3 days later. I only went to see the doctor the next day (27 Dec 06) and was given some cough mixture and antibiotic tablets with a day MC. I seemed to have got better after the 3rd day of medication, but my cough came back worse than before after I had completed my medication 2 days ago. The clinics are closed for these few days due to the long public holidays here.

I am still in the midst of doing my home spring cleaning (started since Christmas Day), but I just have no energy or mood to continue, feeling so lethargic and sickly now. I am taking a break now to blog a little and hopefully I will feel better and get back to cleaning the mess after this.

I have no resolution for 2007, except I like to take the comments by Richard as my goal, to be "a channel of God's peace":
Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.

- attributed to St. Francis of Assisi (1181-1226)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 03 January, 2007 02:11, Blogger Richard said...

I recall Christmas as being the time I always got sick. I hated it. I used to dread the Christmas holiday because I did not look forward to getting sick.

Fortunately, this year I did not get sick (though last year I ended up with strep throat).

 
At 03 January, 2007 10:26, Blogger buzybee said...

must be the weather... perhaps we should eat better food, exercise more, and sleep more in the month of Nov so we can be healthier in the month of Dec.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home