Saturday, December 30, 2006

Love Never Fails

Hmmn.... I have not been blogging for a long time, unlike in the past where I used to blog daily. I discovered that blogging helped me let down my hair, to de-stress, to express myself, my thoughts and feelings. I have too much pent up feelings to release then.

However, after the passing of my mum I seemed to have nothing much to blog about. Perhaps her death has set me free from my years of anguish. Now I just bury myself in work most of the time and have no more energy or time left to look into my heart, to feel or to think too much. Is this good or bad? I hope I have not become a robot.

Many things have happened in my life the past few months... the sweet and the bitter, the high and the low. I have learned many things along the way somehow. It's like what Ecclesiastes 1 says:
2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!"
says the Teacher.
"Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless."

3 What does man gain from all his labor
at which he toils under the sun?

I seem to be slowly finding the word "love" just a meaningless word too... it seems to be a non-existing word in my experiences... a "chasing after the wind" (Ecclesiastes 2: 11, 17, 26).

Yes, all things seem meaningless till I go to God in my devotion and prayer. My devotion time is like a 'battery charger' that charges my flatten spirit daily. In my last night devotion in Impaired Vision I am reminded again that "Love never fails" (1 Corinthians 13:8-13).

I like the article I read while doing my devotion that says:

"Love that never fails goes beyond reason and refuses to settle for justice alone but insists on granting mercy."

"Love that never fails is yours to receive and yours to give."


Right, God's love that never fails is for me to receive. His love that never fails is for me to give. Yesterday, I shared God's love with a job applicant after listening to her very sad story about her broken marriage. I felt deep compassion for her. I pray that she too will receive the love of God that never fails soon.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 31 December, 2006 12:53, Blogger Richard said...

I sometimes find blogging a challenge. The problem is that I want to write meaningful things, but not write to specific individuals (except in the comments section).

However, I find that blogging is a good discipline. It gets me writing, which is something I always wanted to do (actually writing, instead of keeping things in my head).

I always look at it as an opportunity to share something in intimate conversation over a coffee and dessert.

 
At 01 January, 2007 22:36, Blogger buzybee said...

When I stop blogging it seems I have stopped living.

I guess I have to live rather than just exist.

 
At 02 January, 2007 01:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back babe. Your blog is becoming more and more beautiful and matured, just like you. Never give up, never stop writing.

Because even if the whole world does not understand you, the pen (or in this case the keyboard) still does.

It tells of feelings that we find difficult to express and explain.

Hence we write. Wishing you a wonderful 2007 and may all your dreams come true.

 
At 02 January, 2007 13:23, Blogger buzybee said...

Hi elvina, thanks for dropping by and for your encouraging comments.

It's getting more difficult to blog these days as I have to respect the privacy of certain people I may like to mention.

May your dreams come true too. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home