Sunday, November 19, 2006

The New Me

I have been stressed by work for the last few months though I did enjoy my work. Few days ago, something unpleasant and hurtful came to me as a surprise (or maybe not so surprising, since it's not the first time). I was feeling very low... but the words of God quickly lifted me up again through my nightly devotions. Thank God for His words.

In the past, whenever I felt stressful or down I would cut my own hair, after which I would feel fresh again. I used to have short hair then, so I could do it on my own any time. But ever since I started to wear long hair 2 years ago, it's difficult for me to do it by myself and I don't have the time to go to the hairdresser. Yesterday, I finally went to the hairdresser and had my hair cut shorter. I really felt fresh again instantly, with all the dead ends trimmed away, giving me a fresh new look. :D






When I was driving pass a few nurseries after church service this afternoon, I suddenly had the urge to buy some plants home.

I am a plants lover and had green green fingers. I used to enjoy tendering to my home plants in the past. However, due to busyness I have no time to enjoy my hobby.... all my home plants went dead. :( Well, just like I had my new hairdo yesterday to signify the new me, I bought home these plants to keep me feeling fresh too. You won't believe that I carried them home by myself. Very tiring of course.. my arms and back would be aching tomorrow. :(

So here I have a new hairdo, some new plants and the NEW ME!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 20 November, 2006 00:43, Blogger BeTheMan said...

Keep it up~~~

 
At 20 November, 2006 22:40, Blogger buzybee said...

do u mean to say keep up in cutting my hair? :P

welcome to my blog, david.

 
At 20 November, 2006 23:49, Blogger BeTheMan said...

No, keep it up in your new hobby...
don stress too much, else you'll end up bald. :P

 
At 21 November, 2006 07:14, Blogger Richard said...

You are like a typical women - you do something with your hair to change you mood.

I suppose plants can be nice. My mother has a green thumb, I never really tried. Sofia was looking at plants this past weekend.

I like your choice, nice and leafy. Sofia was looking more for colours.

 
At 21 November, 2006 22:35, Blogger buzybee said...

To David: I have a full head of hair, so can afford to lose some. ;)


To Richard: I don't think I am that typical... I have not known of any of my female friends doing that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home