Sunday, December 31, 2006

My 2006

Time passes extremely fast this year and tomorrow will be another new year. As I read my post, My 2005, I could see some similarities to my life in 2006.

For me, 2005 is the worst year in my life as an adult... I lost many things dear to me...
my career
my study
my loved ones
my self-esteem
my confidence

In 2006,
I have a good career... I enjoyed my work though I have to work very long hours and had discouragements at times;
I discontinued my doctorate study... see no purpose to add another degree to my Masters;
I lost my mum... but it's a blessing in disguise;
I found love... but lost it again, feeling I am a terrible person.

In 2006, I also have the most memorable or the most embarrassing moment of my life... I broke my own record of not meeting my online friends. I finally met my online best friend... or I must say that I had been 'ambushed' and got 'hijacked' when I was shopping in KL about 2 weeks ago. I wished I could dig a hole and bury my head in it then and I felt so retarded. *blushing*

It took me one whole day and night to get over it. I told myself that's going to be the first and last time I'll be caught by surprise. I actually felt so sorry for my reaction, which must be quite shocking to my best friend. However, we had a good laugh and a good time together.

So is my 2006 any better than the one before? Maybe slightly. For that I should be grateful to God and be thankful.


So now what about my 2007? What do I hope to achieve?

Erm... I still hope God will bring me 'home' soon in a peaceful way. If not, I pray that God will use me to make someone's life more meaningful. Only then will I find the reason for me to live.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 31 December, 2006 21:51, Blogger Richard said...

For me, 2006 was also a pretty good year. I feel stronger and more confident - although, there have been no major breakthroughs in my desire to work on my own projects rather than those of others.

I can empathize with you about being "caught by surprise". As an extremely private individual, I find it difficult to suddenly encounter someone. However, I would suggest that rather than feeling awkward or foolish abou tit, you should consider feeling glad that someone went to the trouble to look you up. Genuine personal interaction is more satisfying than virtual interaction. One of the things we (or at least me) have to learn is to be a good receiver. Often times we consider ourselves unworthy or overly modest and to not gracefully receive.

On the other hand, I also know that women can be intimidated by men. It was something of a shock for me to learn. While I accept that some people are intimidating, I always believed that most people are quite decent. However, shortly after I was married, Sofia told me that before we even started dating, she trusted me and would go places with me that she would not with other men. I did not understand what she meant. She said that when we would go for a walk, I have a tendency to choose dark and secluded places. Personally, I never thought about it - I just like quiet and privacy. It never occurred to me that these are places that a woman might feel uncomfortable with with a man.

I think your first path of prayer should be that that are a channel of God's peace.

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.


If you recall my earlier posts on our Divine nature, then I would argue that you have the purpose and mission of continuing and completing God's creation - as we all do.

Don't cut yourself short, there are many who find your presence invaluable.

Have a blessed and prosperous New Year!

 
At 01 January, 2007 22:33, Blogger buzybee said...

Hi Richard, thanks for your encouraging words. Yes, I like to make that prayer mine for 2007.

I pray that your 2007 will be better than the one before.

 
At 05 January, 2007 22:13, Blogger Richard said...

Hmmm ... didn't this post used to have two pictures of you and your "ambushing" friend?

 
At 06 January, 2007 00:01, Blogger buzybee said...

Oh... he is too shy to show his face here and requested that I remove it. I did.

Although he did subsequently said I could post his pictures anywhere if I'll be happier, I didn't. I'll not find happiness at his expense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home