Friday, November 19, 2004

Cultivating Mystery and Trust

Had a not so productive day yesterday (Thu)... merely surfing the internet for travel information on Beijing and Hong Kong, and also packed my travel bag for my trip next week. Lots of warm wears to bring along since it will be nearing winter over there. I also played with Blogger and realized it has added some newer and nicer templates now. However, I still find it confusing to use Blogger as compared to Blog-city.

Then the statement said in the TV show came to my mind again and made me pondered: "Once the feeling is gone, it's hard to find it back..."

Hmmn, unknowingly that 'feeling' I once had is gone too (though I still care). Not sure when it happened but I guess it's a gradual process through time... just like when we don't water our plants regularly they will die sooner or later. Will that 'feeling' return one day? I guess it depends. Some plants can regrow through proper glazing management.

I am a plants lover though I don't have a garden of my own. I used to sing to my potted plants as I tended to them daily in the past. I always hope I could have my own garden one day. My plants grew very well under my tender loving care, and people said I have 'green fingers'. Unfortunately, I don't have the time now to look after my plants and most of them withered and died.

As I surfed the internet for information on plant regrowth I came across a very meaningful article, Cultivating Mystery and Trust. Shelley shared her experiences and the things she learnt while tending her garden. I like the letter written by 'Mother Nature' to Shelley as what she wrote is very encouraging. Below are just excerpt of it...

As your garden blooms, so does your inner being, for you are starting to experience the wondrous reality that all growing things, including human beings, make up one seamless yet complex assembly or, as your ecologists like to say, web of life. This web, despite its unpredictability and turbulence at times, is ultimately benign.

In the digging and sifting, mulching and fertilising, weeding and pruning, you are cultivating more than the garden. You are cultivating your soul, for the two are inseparable rites of passage...

....And this is really what your writing is to be about. Helping people to understand that everything is designed to work perfectly, that nothing is failure, everything is accomplishment, everything is purposeful, no matter what feelings you have about it.

Even your unhappiness is worth loving, for it heralds your readiness for change. Painful feelings and experiences are simply another segment of this life.

Thorn on the rose. Is it painful? Or is it just there? It is really just an energy field. It can be painful. But it doesn't have to be. If you will learn to hold the rose where the thorns are not, you do not feel pain from the thorn on the rose...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home