Saturday, December 31, 2005

Goodbye 2005



Now I'll say, "Goodbye 2005".
There were many happenings in my life...
the sweet, sour, bitter, and the nice.
And I also wish to say "Goodbye"
To all the events that blind my eyes
and the things I wouldn't take pride.

Hoping for a new 2006;
Although I don't know what it would take,
and I don't know what my future holds,
but I know who holds my tomorrow.
It's for me to explore and venture
And for God to remove what's obscure.

Goodbye 2005

- Bee


My Reflection

Yesterday I wrote about the five important things I lost in My 2005. But after today, they will become 'history'. I will start from scratch to rebuild what I have lost from tomorrow, 2006... but things won't be the same anymore.

Career -- I might move away from what I have been trained to do
Study -- I might learn new skills instead of continue with my research study
Loved ones -- erm... learning to practice Agape love to the people God shows me
Self-esteem -- hmmn... shouldn't I be proud that I am the Princess of the King of Kings? (Revelation 17:14)
Self-confidence -- yes, trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not to my own understanding (Proverbs 3:5)


What about the things I gained in 2005?

God
New e-friends
New understanding of love
New understanding of myself
New understanding of people

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 31 December, 2005 04:39, Blogger Richard said...

You never have to wait for a special moment to change, to put your past behind you.

But I hope and pray that 2006 will be a good and happy year for you and for all those you hold dear in your life.

 
At 31 December, 2005 17:06, Blogger buzybee said...

Thanks for your hope and prayer for me, Richard. :)

Setting a special time or moment is a form of commitment to do what I aim to do, so it won't be just a mere desire. In this way I can be specific about things.

I hope you have a good new year too.

 
At 31 December, 2005 21:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Bee
Just popped-in your posts today. Was busy recollecting my very own 2005 before.
I just realised that I'm not the only being who do not really have a satisfiable 2005, probably not welcomed at all for some.
And am glad its diminishing in just two more hours or so.
Let's all brace up together for a brighter tomorrow!
Happy New Year to you! God bless!

 
At 31 December, 2005 23:53, Blogger buzybee said...

Yes, let's not look back, but move forward with faith and hope in God, who knows our future. :)

Have a happy 2006!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home