Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Count My blessings


Of late, I seem to have lost touch with my poem composition or any serious personal reflection. Perhaps life has been quite smooth sailing for me (or is it?)... neither high nor low. Perhaps my Time Alone with God has kept me from all the high and low of emotional turbulence.

I have been quite glad recently that I can be a blessing to my circle of close friends, some old and some new. Life is never boring with them 'around'. :) I was even more surprised by a poem written specially for me yesterday... it really made my day and spurred me on to reply with another poem. Thanks for the inspiration, my dearest friend! :)

Then an incidence caused me to be quite upset today... an injustice done to me, I felt bullied. I was very emotional when I tried to argue for my right over the phone. I ended up crying.... I badly wished I could talk about it to somebody right there and then. Yes, I did... after some time.

Not only that, I received a forwarded video from an ex-colleague today that made me laughed again... it was so funny! Then when I visited another friend's blog, what he wrote today also made my day. Aren't God wonderful? He used friends to cheer me up when I am down (without them even knowing sometimes).

Why did the incidence happen? A divine interruption? Perhaps God allowed it to take place to remind me not to be complacent when life is ok for me. Or perhaps God was reminding me the joy others will have when I am like the Good Samaritan to them, offering help to those who cross my path. Just like what Jean-Pierre de Caussade, said, "Love is the duty of the present moment." Can we drop what we have to do in order to help someone in need, or offer a listening ear when someone is in pain?

Yes, I need to count my blessings everyday... in good times or bad times. Thank God for my friends... the quality of friends is more important than quantity. :D

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 22 March, 2006 22:04, Blogger Richard said...

Hey! Cheating, reusing an entry from Time Alone ;-)

Glad I could make you laugh, but I don't see what was so funny in my entry.

Take care.

 
At 22 March, 2006 22:35, Blogger buzybee said...

Aiyo.. not cheating la.. just trying to make life easier for those 'lazy' to go over to Time Alone ma. :P

The funniest part is you don't even know it's funny... hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home