Sunday, March 05, 2006

One-Day Charity Mission

Just got home from the Charity Mission Trip last night at about 11 pm. Though it's only a 1-day trip it's quite tiring for all of us... but rewarding of course. :)

I was asked to share a simple message with the villagers at the last minute, when we were boarding the ferry. Hmmn... that would be my first time doing it. Not only that, I was asked to share it in dialect so that another person could interpret it into their local language initially. Erm, hmn... I hardly converse in dialect for a long time. Even if I do, it won't be for sharing anything from the bible. Well, I managed to make a compromise... sharing it in English for another person to interprete it into their local language. *sigh of relief*

I decided to share the passage from my Friday devotion, What Matters Most. I shared the story from the whole of chapter 9 about the blind man. My interpreter was also doing it for the first time, so we kind of fumbled here and there (like the blind man). Yet God touched the hearts of the listeners and many of them wanted to believe in Jesus, just like the blind man in the story. Even the pastor's wife was moved to tears. Wow! That's the work of God, not mine. :)

I personally was touched to see that the villagers were so 'hungry' to know more about Christ and to experience Him. I also felt honoured that God could use my humble sharing to move others. Praise God!

I shall post some pictures here later when I have time... very late now, need to zzzzzzzz

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 05 March, 2006 09:00, Blogger Richard said...

While I've never been on a "Charity Mission", I certainly used to help out at church, including visiting to pray with shut-ins at a long term care facility.

 
At 06 March, 2006 14:01, Blogger buzybee said...

That's is also ministry.... serving in whatever way God give you the burden to do it. In so doing, you will be blessed yourself more than blessing others.

In my experience, when I reachout to bless others, I myself is being blessed. :)

 
At 06 March, 2006 14:34, Blogger stuart said...

Yes, it's more blessed to give than to receive.

You are truly blessed, Bee, you always give (your time, friendship, help, advice, care, love).

Glad that you are happy with what you do. :)

 
At 07 March, 2006 10:07, Blogger Richard said...

I didn't say it wasn't a ministry, I just said it wasn't a charity mission - you know, like getting on a boat and travelling to some far off exotic land to preach the Good News ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home