Wednesday, March 15, 2006

My EQ Test

What Is Your Emotional Intelligence Quotient?

You scored 90% correct!
Your score falls in the high EQ range.



Questions asked:


1. Situation: A friend has borrowed something small, but high in sentimental value. You've asked for your friend to return the item, but your friend has failed to bring it back.

2. Situation: Your long-term mate has ended your relationship and you are upset because you wanted the relationship to continue.

3. Situation: Your mate has a habit that annoys you more and more each day.

4. Situation: Your boss has assigned you your first big project, and the success or failure of the project could make or break your career.

5. Situation: You are walking down the street, suddenly trip, and almost land flat on your face.

6. Situation: You are on a first date, and you notice that your date seems to be very uncomfortable.

7. Situation: You find out that the promotion you were hoping for was given to someone else.

8. Situation: Your significant other is spending a lot of extra time at the office and acting distant.

9. Situation: You are hanging out with a group of friends and one of your friends starts to make a negative comments about a friend who isn't there.

10. Situation: Your best friend has recently broken up with a mate and is taking it hard.


(I will post my answers to those questions later.)


Bee's Thought

I am quite surprised by the above EQ test result as I always feel I have very low EQ. I am very poor at reading in-between-the-lines or interpret ambiguous statements. I need people to be direct with me rather than beat around the bush. I also tend to speak frankly from my heart most of the times. I don't know how to be sarcastic even if I want to. :P

But I guess I have changed over the years to become more sympathetic towards others and be more sensitive to people's feelings. God has transformed me by renewing my mind like what I wrote at my devotion blog, A Transformed Mind.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 16 March, 2006 06:27, Blogger Richard said...

Hmmm ... I get 80%.

Apparently, I don't know how to correctly handle a relationship, I wanted to continue, breaking up. I knew what the "right" answer was, but I answered my way.

The other problem I have is in handling big projects.

It is not really an EQ test. It is more a test of "common sense" behaviour.

Like you, I have great difficulty reading people. It is better to be direct - but not in a malicious way.

 
At 16 March, 2006 12:39, Blogger buzybee said...

Another friend told me he scored 70% for this test and sighed that his was lower than mine. I told him that if not for the transformation God did in my life I would have scored 30% perhaps. Then I went on to retake the test and answered based on my 'old-self'. Guess what I got? You will be surprised! :P

 
At 16 March, 2006 20:15, Blogger Richard said...

Well, I answered the way I know I would react / act (whether now or in the past - I haven't really changed that much), not the way I should react. The problem of course is that no time frame is generally given, so I simply assumed a short time frame (1-2 weeks).

Guess? Hmmm? I am a lousy guesser, but I will say 40%.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home