Monday, April 10, 2006

My Gum Surgery

Ouch! My gum is painful! :(

My first molar crowning job was finally completed last week, costing me in total about S$1.9K. Now come my second molar crowning job, which requires me to go for a gum surgery prior to that, not because I have a gum disease, but to lower my gum next to the tooth for effective crowning. Hmn...

Well, I went for my gum surgery this morning. Before the surgery, the periodontist (gum surgeon) explained the risks and complications to me before I sign the consent form. Some of them are quite scary, including death. At the thought of death, I paused for a while. Then I just told the periodontist that I don't mind going to heaven earlier. :)

Though I didn't feel any pain during the surgery, I could feel the snipping of my flesh and the grinding of my gum bone. So while lying on the dental chair, many things ran through my mind... many "what if". Then I started to pray, not only for the surgery, but also for people whom I need to pray for. That kept me relaxed and peaceful. The dental nurse and the periodontist were quite professional and assuring too. They constantly talked to me to check that I was ok.

The surgery is over now, but the post surgery suffering seems worse than I thought. I thought I could just go back to office after that, but I ended having to take 3 days MC. I still feel the pain after taking the painkillers. My post surgery advice is similar to "After Flap Surgery". My gum will take about a month to heal before I can go for my crowning.

If you were the one praying for me during my surgery I want to say, "Thank You Very Much. God Bless You."

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10 April, 2006 21:27, Blogger Richard said...

While I do pray for you, I was not aware that you were going in for surgery. I will pray for a speedy recovery.

Do take care of yourself.

 
At 11 April, 2006 00:57, Blogger BeTheMan said...

Take care, Bee. Wish you a speedy recovery~~~ ^_^

 
At 11 April, 2006 18:44, Blogger buzybee said...

Thank you, Richard for your prayers. Thanks, David for your well wish.

My gum is a litle swollen today. Hope it won't get any bigger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home