Friday, May 25, 2007

Lessons From My Laptop

My laptop seemed to be 'dying' soon as it turned blue (literally) suddenly on many occasions. On Sunday, I decided to backup everything so I could do a system recovery to restore everything to "factory state".

All things seemed well till I made a mistake on Monday when I pressed the wrong button. I wrote over my Incredimail backup file stored in my external drive with an empty one. Gosh! All my emails were gone! I was quite upset with my own careless mistake which could cost me much of my time to re-download all my emails. I wondered what lesson God wanted me to learn from that. "Perhaps I should start my life anew on a clean slate?", a thought ran through my mind. Hmmn.....

To my surprise, I discovered that my D drive partition with all my backup files remained even when I did that system recovery, which I thought should be gone. There I found my Incredimail backup file! Praise God! Hmmn... so what lesson was I suppose to learn then? There is hope?

Well, it wasn't as simple to import the backup data as I thought. Each time I tried to do that it failed, showing an error message saying that my backup files were too big (716Mb + 104 Mb). It could only accept up to 700Mb. After spending much time figuring out what to do, finally I decided to import the smaller file first. I got back my emails but my address book was missing... it was found in the bigger file which I couldn't import. So how?

As always, I will never say die till I try, try, try! Yes, that's me.... very persevering. I made it work finally using a different method from what the instruction said (which couldn't work in the first place when I follow it).

Moral of the story: Never give up easily and commit what you do to God.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home