Monday, December 20, 2004

Christmas In Singapore Parade

Felt so tired again after a whole day and night spent at Orchard Road for the Christmas In Singapore Parade. My arms are tired with muscles ache now. I was a volunteer there. It was interesting to see the people's reactions when I tried to give them the Christmas program brochures. Some took them with a smile and a "Thank You", some don't even bother to look at me, and some came forward to ask for them on their own accord. I even saw 2 TCS stars there with their children.

K played 'hide-and-seek' with me for awhile trying to locate me... hehe. Sorry K, too crowded so it's hard to spot me unless you go there early and station yourself at one place.... so no prize this time. Actually it was not as difficult as I thought since not all the 1000 over volunteers wore red T-shirts. Try again on Christmas Eve. ;p

But to think of it, K shouldn't be always trying to look out for me since I already told him my stand regarding meeting up and he isn't agreeable to it. In addition, after what he had written to me in his last email I had already set my heart where it should be... I am not the type who would waver once I have made up my mind after giving others many chances. The only reason for me to change my mind must be something really compelling and worth reconsidering.

Anyway, I'll be at Orchard Road again on the 24th from 6 p.m. till past midnight. The Christmas Countdown performances will start from 10.30 p.m. onward.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11 March, 2007 17:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, impressive bee. you found time to do some volunteer work in the midst of your business. what were the programs for that night?

geezz.. some kind of hide and seek game? that's the sickest thing i've ever heard of. no offense to this 'K' person, but get a life. if you're really so desperate sign up for MSN Matchmaker or some local dating service, and find yourself a girlfriend.

 
At 11 March, 2007 17:09, Blogger buzybee said...

Oh, that's bcos 'the joy of the Lord is my strenght'!
You can read the following at http://www.christmasinsingapore.com/newsupdate.shtml

(ii) Christmas Parade (Dec 19, 2004)

Christmas comes alive in sight, sound and movement too. Feast your eyes on a display of seven colourfully lighted floats and 12 contingent of dancers, musicians and bands as they make music from Orchard/Scotts Road junction to the Cairhill/Orchard Road junction from 8 to 9.30pm.

(iii) Christmas Eve Countdown Concert (Dec 24, 2004)
Located at Orchard Park, it will be a Grand Celebration Concert featuring both local and foreign celebrities. The two-hour concert, beginning at 10pm, will culminate into a mass carol singing. At the strike of 12 midnight, the powerful rendition of Handel’s “Hallelujah Chorus” will be performed as a climax, backed by a full orchestra.

I will be volunteering for the Christmas Eve Count Down as well, starting from 6 p.m. (actual count down starts from 10.30 p.m.). Do join us if you happen to be around. ;p

See some photos at http://monywa.org/only/singapore/orchard_road_christmas.htm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home