Saturday, December 03, 2005

First Love

I have finally bought the mobile phone which I had been eying since it's launch in June 05. The price was what put me off or a long time. My heart went out for it but my mind said "no" each time, as it was too expensive then.

Even before I bought it a few days ago, my mind still negotiated with my heart. I almost bought another much cheaper model, but at the last seconds I changed my mind at the registration counter. It's kind of funny to me... as if I changed my mind just seconds before saying "I do" at the ROM (Registration of Marriage). :P Gosh!!

What made me changed my mind? I guess it's my 'first love'.

Somebody once told me that he realizes something about himself; which is, he always ended up selecting his initiate choice after going through the hassle of selections... be it food, places to go, things to buy, even the person he married. So he learned that the moral of the story for him is to stick to his 'first love'... it will never be wrong.

Hmmn... to some extend true for most people I think.

What's so special about "first love"? (Btw, I am referring to real "love", not "infatuation".)

A person may "fall in love" many times but I guess he/she only truly loves one person deeply. So I guess "first love" is pure, sincere, no ulterior motive, always giving, sacrificial...

Who is my "first love"?

Well, I am extremely tired tonight... let me sleep on it...

Goodnight.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 05 December, 2005 11:35, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you're running away...

 
At 05 December, 2005 17:37, Blogger buzybee said...

ya ya... running away, always running... hehe

my 'first love' is SE K750i la... but it's giving me some problems now. :(

1. all the 'free' downloads have to be done through wap or gprs connection... so not free.
2. support super poor and slow... it's been 5 days since i complained of my new phone problem and i didn't get a single reply.
3. SE file manager or pc suite isn't working.
4. battery drains very fast, even on standby mode w/o talking... i have to charge it twice a day.


i wonder if anyone else encounters the same problem?

 
At 06 December, 2005 16:22, Blogger Mockingbird said...

True and real love involves making decisions and sticking to them. It requires commitment. The feeling of love will come and go. But it's the decision to stay committed to each that will keep a married couple together. Married couples go their separate ways because they forsake their commitment to each other or decide not to stay committed to each other any more. True love involves sacrificial commitment.

 
At 06 December, 2005 17:00, Blogger buzybee said...

Yes, but many times when one is "infatuated" with another, one might also do all the things that real love does... therefore, misleading the other person into thinking that he/she is really being loved. But by the time one discovers it's only an "infatuation", one would have deeply hurt the other person, making him/her feeling abadoned, deceived, misled, etc.

It is, therefore, important for us to know for sure we love a person or just being "infatuated" before we even declare our love to that person. We need to be responsible in our actions.

 
At 07 December, 2005 06:35, Blogger Richard said...

Bee commented: "... many times when one is "infatuated" with another, one might also do all the things that real love does... therefore, misleading the other person into thinking that he/she is really being loved."

I agree with Michael, love involves commitment and commitment is only tested through time. Which is why I believe love springs from friendship (even if there are people who seem lucky enough to find love at first sight), since the foundations of commitment are being laid without the emotional distractions of "love".

I don't have a cell phone. Don't see why I would need one (aside from being stranded somewhere in the middle of nowhere, when it is -40C outside). But, if it makes you feel any better, I am still very partial to the WordStar word processing program.

 
At 07 December, 2005 08:51, Blogger Mockingbird said...

You need to bring your phone down to the service centre for a firmware upgrade :)

 
At 07 December, 2005 12:10, Blogger buzybee said...

Hi Richard, thanks for your comment. Actually by now u would have known that we all understand what true love is all about.

However, I just want to say that the counterfeit of love (infatuation) tends to also produce 'actions' that are similar to, if not more than, what true love would do. Very often, the person who is giving and the one who is receiving it might not even spot the difference. That's what causes many heartaches at the time of revalation... which is usually within a few months the most. It's very sad and painful to know the truth at the end of it.

Therefore, I think the best caution is never to accept a person's love till it's shown over a long period of time (at least a year or two).


Michael, thanks for the suggestion. I think the Sony Ericsson support staff will not bother about my complains unless I go down personally. *sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home