Saturday, January 07, 2006

Contentment At Work

As I was doing today's devotion on Willing To share, I realized that I am beginning to experience the new meaning of contentment this year. With such an attitude, things look brighter to me and I have more joy.

True, I feel very tired these 2 days after my work 'cos I stayed back late at work even after the centre is closed. I took my lunch only at about 4.30 p.m. today... very hungry, yet I am happy and contented..

I am happy that I have a chance to 'polish' my skills in handling children, besides the administrative aspects of work. A new 3-year-old child (hyperactive one) who just joined us today seems to like me alot. :) When his parents were gone after registering him, he refused to follow the rest of the teachers, except me. I managed to make him listen to me, seated him near me, conversing with him, while I did my admin work in a hurry. I guess my love with firmness is what draws the little boy to me, as I came down to his level. I felt a sense of achievement. Thank God!

It's nice to talk and play with young children again. I hope to pass on my skills and knowledge to the teachers soon when I have a chance to go into the classes... hopefully next week.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 08 January, 2006 03:59, Blogger Ken Loh said...

I'm happy for you, keep the spirit up!

 
At 08 January, 2006 15:50, Blogger buzybee said...

hehe... thanks :P

 
At 08 January, 2006 18:38, Blogger Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

i love working with children too. they are awfully cute - though I must admit they can be quite a handful. haha... :D

 
At 08 January, 2006 20:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

am happy for u too! it's great joy working with kids but not teenagers! kids are innocently adorable but they can wear u down at times. ;p
am sure u'll enjoy mostly.

 
At 08 January, 2006 21:15, Blogger buzybee said...

There is a shortage of good preschool teachers with passion for working with young children. So Elvina and letter4u may consider going for preschool education training if you like children. :)

 
At 08 January, 2006 21:24, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha! thanks for the thought. few years back i was contemplating in setting up a child-care centre with a friend but gave up the idea. time consuming and lots of sacrifices to be made. not that passionate after all. ;p

 
At 09 January, 2006 17:01, Blogger Mockingbird said...

Ha, ha, ha... :D Talking to young children can be so much fun. Amen. Godliness with contentment is great gain :)

 
At 09 January, 2006 23:30, Blogger buzybee said...

ya man... talking to them make me feel young again... hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home