Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Mental Exercises

I am still on MC today. I still can think and talk, but can't eat well. My gum's swelling is getting bigger by the days.

Anyway, I saw the tests posted by someone at his blog and thought of doing some mental exercises so I won't feel too much pain. You may like to try them for fun too... Don't forget to tell me your results, ok? :)

Friend A is better than me in his score for the first 2 tests... he is good la.
test #1 = 136
test #2 = 124
game #3 = 249



1. The Classic IQ Test
What's Your IQ?

Congratulations, Bee!
Your IQ score is 127

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Word Warrior. This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas. And that's just a small part of what we know about you from your test results.


2. International High IQ Society Test (click image to enlarge)



This is a very tough test with timing for each question. Oh, I can't join the International High IQ Society, but it's ok. At least I am not that stupid. :P I fair badly for the general knowledge section I guess. You must be an all rounder of everything to score well.


3. Trivia Challenge (click image to enlarge)



This is a fun game. :D

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 12 April, 2006 20:07, Blogger Richard said...

Congratulations, Richard!
Your IQ score is 138

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns.

 
At 12 April, 2006 20:33, Blogger buzybee said...

wow! that's good... is this your first try? :)

did u try the other 2?

 
At 13 April, 2006 00:02, Blogger Richard said...

I have taken IQ tests before. Depending on how tired I am and how much time I have and whether I need to keep watching over my shoulder (like at work) – I tend to score between 125 and 145 (I have certainly never scored 160 or 180 :-(

IQ tests don’t really measure intelligence, they measure your ability to recognize certain patterns. Consequently, the more you read, the more you expose yourself to these types of things, the more you broaden your horizons, the higher the score. Time is also a factor in IQ tests, generally, you want to go through them as fast as possible (accuracy is also important).

I generally score well on aptitude tests. Score lousy on pop culture and sports quizzes though. BTW, the test is biased to native English speakers.

I will try the other two tests, but my time at work is limited. But … since it is lunch time now, I will post the results shortly.

 
At 13 April, 2006 00:31, Blogger Richard said...

Okay, here are my results:

High IQ test (and it was a tough test): 128

Trivia Test: 942 in 285 seconds (I don't even make it onto the daily high scores page :-(

That was fun (except the high IQ test - ow! my head)

 
At 13 April, 2006 00:47, Blogger buzybee said...

Congratulation! You may join the International High IQ Society member. :)
So how many tries did u go through to get that?

 
At 13 April, 2006 02:09, Blogger Richard said...

Uh ... one.

Did you take the test more than once?

 
At 13 April, 2006 10:23, Blogger buzybee said...

I took once for #1 & #3 and twice for #2 (but 2nd time score was worse than 1st).

I asked 'cos u said "the more you expose yourself to these types of things, the more you broaden your horizons, the higher the score."

I suppose those who have got very high scores have tried them many times round... like playing a game... practice makes perfect. That's why I said I took it for fun, not a true measurement of intelligence. :)

 
At 14 April, 2006 01:40, Blogger Richard said...

#1 and #3 I think is easy to take over and over agian to get a better score.

#2 is harder. I will try to take it again on Saturday - although, I worry I will get a lower score :-(

 
At 16 April, 2006 02:10, Blogger Richard said...

Ok, I took #2 again: I got 141 - but, I have to confess, the general knowledge questions were definitely easier this time around. Actually, all the questions seemed easier.

Third time I took it, I got 135 - but, to be fair, many of the questions where the same as the second time I took it.

 
At 16 April, 2006 21:15, Blogger buzybee said...

hehe... that's good.

Another friend of mine took the 1st 2 tests and have got high scores too. He said he has been taking such tests frequently, so after a while they all look the same. So he becomes an 'expert' in such tests.

So like i said, such tests are just for fun and not a measurement of IQ after all. Having a low score doesn't mean a person has low IQ... it just means that he is not so exposed to such tests. :D

 
At 18 April, 2006 11:03, Blogger Mockingbird said...

I never like teasing my brain. Maybe that's why it's lame ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home