Sunday, May 28, 2006

He Gives Me Strength

I remembered thinking this last night as i prayed.

God sets the situation, we make the choices.
He has shifted everything into place and we are now in this mess and chaos.
This IS the situation.
So now He waits and see.
So my dear girls? Now that you are in the valley, what are you gonna do now?
Are you gonna try to get out on ur own? Or will you ask me to help?
What is our choice now?

I also remembered thinking,
Lord, i don't ask that you remove this problem, this headache.
All i ask is that you give us the strength to overcome it.
For, it is through the suffering that we learn and grow.
If you take it away, I wouldn't learn anything.
But Father, I'm too weak to go on.
So give me the strength, but don't take the problem away.

- by a 15-year-old blogger, dated 19 May 06


My Reflection


That's a nice prayer. It is a blessed thing to know God at a young age, then one will have the mileage of time to learn many more things from God and apply them in one's life.

I remember I prayed that prayer too. True enough, God has allowed me to go through many heartaches and problems like everybody else do, maybe even more. Yes, I was down but not out, I was discouraged but quickly God encouraged me again either through His words or through others whom I came in contact with. God gave me the strength to go on and not stay at the 'pit' forever.

Great! I am feeling great again... simply because of what a young gal wrote at her blog. Isn't my God great? Ah... the power of sharing... positive sharing.

And you know what? I visited all her friends' blogs... I don't really read all of them, just browse through and I just feel so refreshed now. Most, if not all, are Christian teens and youths. I feel energized again. Thank God! :)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 29 May, 2006 01:25, Blogger Richard said...

It is always nice to find those who think like us - it makes us feel less alone in this world.

 
At 29 May, 2006 12:20, Blogger buzybee said...

hehe.. so let's keep each other company in this cyber place.

 
At 02 June, 2006 20:59, Blogger TechRodent said...

God is indeed great.

Each day we live is one more reason to thank him

 
At 02 June, 2006 21:39, Blogger buzybee said...

Hi George, thanks for visiting my blog and also 'spreading' my poem. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home