Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mama Hao

Mama Hao (Mom Dearest)

世上只有妈妈好
有妈的孩子像个宝
投进了妈妈的怀抱
幸福享不了

世上只有妈妈好
没妈的孩子像根草
离开妈妈的怀抱
幸福哪里找

In pinyin:

Shi shang zhi you ma ma hao
you ma de hai zi xiang ge bao.
tou jin ma ma de huai bao
xin fu xiang bu liao.

shi shang zhi you ma ma hao
mei ma de hai zi xiang ge cao
li kai ma ma de huai bao
xin fu na li zhao.


In English translation:

Mommy's the only dearest in the world
With a mom, you have the most valued treasure.
Jump into mom's heart
and you have endless happiness.

Mommy's the only dearest in the world
without a mom you are like a piece of grass/straw
away from mom's heart,
where will you find happiness?



My Reflection

In our Church Service this morning, we were asked to sing the above song for all the mothers. Emotion overwhelmed me... I felt choked. In fact, we were also asked to sing it during my mom's funeral too. :'(

Even the devotion tonight on A Mother's Love also adds on to my reflective mood.

Since young, whenever I heard the above song, I would cry or felt sad. I wished I had a mom just like what the lyric says. Nobody will ever understand how I feel. No one, except God.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 15 May, 2006 00:25, Blogger G said...

try to cheer up. also try to go out with your friends more often during this period of time, don't coup up at home..not too good.someday when you become a mother urself, you'd also not like your child/children to be this sad too long.. will pray that you recover soon. pls takecare.

 
At 15 May, 2006 03:56, Blogger Richard said...

It is something I do not understand. I always believe that a parent's love for their child is the greatest love one can feel.

I cannot understand how a parent cannot love their child. Of course, there are lots of things in this world I cannot understand.

At least surround yourself with true friends who care about you and try their best to support you.

 
At 16 May, 2006 01:35, Blogger buzybee said...

Hi G, thanks for your concern. I will never allow my children to experience what I experienced. That's why I study early childhood.


Hi Richard, yes you will never understand 'cos u have got a good mother. Be thankful to God.


For some, it is better to grow up w/o a mother than to have one. :(

 
At 16 May, 2006 07:24, Blogger Richard said...

I may never understand, but I can listen and (I hope) learn.

I find life is a lot about learning about people. There is far too much sadness in the world, too much suffering. I wish I knew how to end it. My contribution is to live the best life I can, but sometimes is seems too little.

 
At 17 May, 2006 01:33, Blogger buzybee said...

Hi Richard, thanks for trying to understand... maybe God will give you a heart of empathy as you listen more.

But sometimes one way God help you understand is to allow ou to go through something similar. So be prepared with courage ya.

As for myself, I can empathize with others 'cos I have been there.

 
At 17 May, 2006 20:04, Blogger Richard said...

Bee commented: sometimes one way God help you understand is to allow ou to go through something similar. So be prepared with courage

I've had at least two extremely difficult periods in my life (along with just generally not fitting in and not "getting it"), so I think I'll pass :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home