Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Can You See The Real Me?

"I promise you now I'll try to leave my Hollywood expectations of love and leading men at the door. I'll try to remember that romantic comedy heroes have script-writers and personal trainers and directors and lighting technicians and a whole host of others who make them seemingly perfect. I pledge to try my best to let you be a human being and to be wowed by the complexity and messiness and wonder of that. I'm praying that God will help me value what's truly valuable and to see you as he does—more from the inside out. Looking for and valuing your heart above any of its packaging. I hope and pray you'll afford me the same eyes.

That said, I'll also try to leave my "best foot" at home. I'll try my best to let you see the real me. The one that will no doubt change outfits five times before selecting what to wear when we go out, that doesn't pray enough, that has too much coffee and not enough exercise, that loves quirky foreign dancing flicks and secretly fears you won't mind that I'm more indoorsy than outdoorsy. That has a large vocabulary and a small bustline, too many shoes and not enough cooking skills. This is me. The unadulterated me. The one you'd have to live with if this works out someday, so I'll try my best to let you get a glimpse in appropriate measure."

- Camerin Courtney , Dear First Date



My Reflection:

Hmmn.... I like the above excerpt, which not only candidly shows the thoughts of the writer, but also leaves some food for deep thoughts about the importance of being real right from the start. This article has some link to tonight's devotion Be True To Your Word.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 27 April, 2006 20:10, Blogger Richard said...

Not surprisingly, I agree.

Of course, that is because I always try to be real - pretending to be something I am not is hard (I only "project" an image when I am job hunting - acting lessons did come in handy for something :)

Of course, being real can cause one to wonder Is there something wrong with me? when people are not tripping all over themselves for you.

Take care.

 
At 28 April, 2006 01:36, Blogger buzybee said...

Just be u. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home