Friday, April 14, 2006

She Is Just Like Me

She reminds me of myself when I was a teenager. What a 15 years old Christian school girl wrote at her blog portrays so much of me even now, except mine would be....
"The End.
Dun talk to me abt this post.
Coz i will just cry." (if you are close to me)

I see the slope again.
Downhill i go.

With great power comes great responsibilty.
With great responsibilty comes great burdens.
With great burdens come great stress.

I'm not a good leader. I know it. I can tell.
It is not really my nature to be a leader.
What i simply am, is that i have my OPINIONS, and i just like to voice them out.
I need to be heard, i need to be understood.
If you differ in opinion, give me good reasons why and i'll accept ur side.
Silence me, prevent me from speaking, and all boils inside.

I can never lead ppl to what i do not believe in or understand.
I dun get the picture you paint, and thus i do not support it.
But everyone seems to, all except me.
Yet I'm to lead on in the discussion.
What's there to lead to when i'm the most lost?

I try, but you are unsatisfied.
Nothing is good enough.

Burdened, i leave late at night.
Troubled, i decided that i could not go on on my own.
I needed God's help.
On the bus, we talked and He spoke and somehow things seem like there are going to be alright again. The future looks gloomy, but in it i will still find light. I will find it.

On the phone, you burst at me. A tired me.
On the phone, you accuse me. A tired and irritated me.
On the phone, you cancelled our plans. It was fine by me.
At home, you scolded becoz of me. A down and burdened me. I didn't care.
At home, you chided me. I, who did nothing wrong but was simply not at home.
At home again, you chided me. I, who had let it go for the sake of others.

"You" is not 1 person. Each "you" represents a different person.
Salt to my wound you were.

I will laugh with you, talk shallow talks with you.
But at the moment, i'm simply running.
Running to prevent being crushed.

I'm not gonna be crushed to bits under the billion and one pressure.
I'm gonna emerge a pearl.
Soon you'll see.
Instead of a crushed nothing, I'll be a pearl.
For it was Him, who made all the difference.

The End.
Dun talk to me abt this post.
Coz i will just laugh it off .


- Eliz, 14 April 06

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 15 April, 2006 04:14, Blogger stuart said...

She looks like u too. :)

"I'm not a good leader. I know it. I can tell.
It is not really my nature to be a leader.
What i simply am, is that i have my OPINIONS, and i just like to voice them out.
I need to be heard, i need to be understood.
If you differ in opinion, give me good reasons why and i'll accept ur side.
Silence me, prevent me from speaking, and all boils inside.

I can never lead ppl to what i do not believe in or understand.
I dun get the picture you paint, and thus i do not support it."


You don't like to lead, yet you are a leader by nature. People look up to you for your opinions, your advice, your encouragement, your direction. If you can help it, you rather not lead and let someone else be the leader. So you are a leader by necessity, and frequently you are.

You feel very frustrated when you are being stifled and silenced. You need to be heard even if the other person may not agree with you. You get very pissed off if the other person simply say "nevermind" and refuses to reason with you. For that makes you look like a very unreasonable person, which you are not.

When you believe in something, you are very influential and people follow you. You are a natural salesperson, not by bluffing or speaking well, but by your belief and sincerity.

That's what I know about you. Let me know if I am wrong in anyway. =D

 
At 15 April, 2006 18:44, Blogger buzybee said...

Thanks for your comment, Stuart. I will post something about your comment soon. watch it. :)

 
At 15 April, 2006 20:34, Blogger Richard said...

There are different kinds of leaders: those who lead with power and try to control and those who lead by example, not demanding others to follow, but encouraging them to be free leaders themselves.

It could be argued it is the difference between being an individual and being a tyrant.

For most of history, the model of the tyrant was the accepted. He ruled because it was his right and the rest were his property.

I can empathize a lot with that entry as well.

Too bad you did not provide a link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home