Saturday, June 24, 2006

My Calling

I was somewhat disappointed with the unfair/unethical practices in the education industry by many 'players' and decided that it's time for a change. I left a few months ago, after being in it for about 10 years, for a totally different career I felt would be more meaningful and challenging. I went into headhunting... making many new contacts/friends while catching up with many old ones. I enjoyed my work very much though its reward may be slow... like growing a tree.

I never expect myself to go back to the education industry again, at least not so soon. But I guess God still wants me to be in it after all my years of trainings and experience in the education line. There are many things I can do to affect lives in this industry... it seems to be my calling. I could see it happening from my first day of work last week in my new capacity.

What one of my colleagues said to me has deeply carved on my mind. He said, "We are here for a season. God puts us here to fulfill a purpose. When we have finished our task it would be time to move on."

Yes, God has put me in this new job for a purpose. I will touch lives, I will change systems and policies, I will bring order and stability, and then move on when the time comes. I will do all these by God's strength and wisdom, not mine own.

I am beginning to see changes and is feeling very excited about them. Yet I know there will be many challenges and many resistance to change. But if this work is of God, He will sees to it that all resistance will fall.

As I ponder on my colleague's statement, I suddenly felt it could also apply to my relationship with people. God has allowed me to come into close contact with certain people... some just touch and go, some stay for a longer time, perhaps one or two may stay till we leave this earth. These are no coincidence. God has a purpose for me to be in their lives and they in mine. When that purpose has been fulfilled, it may be time for me to move on.

Ah, am I being too philosophical or introspective now? I have some time to myself today... so there I go again. :) Oh, my devotion tonight is also linked to my thoughts.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 24 June, 2006 21:48, Blogger Richard said...

You are sounding a lot like me. Introspection is good.

It is always sad to have good people come into our lives and then, at some point in the future, drift out. Sometimes it is a dramatic fallin gout (luckily not in my case). More often, our life paths simply diverge.

It is a lot like going on a journey and meeting people along the way. Some journey with us for a short time, others for a longer time, but sooner or later, it seems, they choose to go another direction.

Maybe they have reached their goal, maybe their destination was different from ours.

I don't believe God has a specific path and purpose for each of us. I rather believe that He has objectives for us, but leaves the path up to us.

Those who believe in predestination might say, "The path is preordained, even if the destination is unknown."

I would say, "The destination is known, but the path is unknown. Many will start the journey, but fall victim along the way."

The only destination and goal I believe is being the best person you can be, someone who is worthy to be called a child of God.

 
At 25 June, 2006 16:15, Blogger buzybee said...

great minds think alike.:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home