Wednesday, June 14, 2006

My Trip Update

Hey friends, so sorry to have been silent for a while at my blog. Finally, I am back to SG from MY. I was too busy to update my blog after I came back.

Just a quick update on my last whole week experience...


Monday:

- I only had about 4 hours of sleep the night before as I had to wake up at about 5.30 a.m. today.
- Reached Port Dickson, Tiara Beach Resort, at about 2.30 p.m. but was only able to check into our rooms at about 5.30 p.m. as the resort couldn't cater to such a big crowd (900+ people).
- The rooms were below standard, like '1 star' hotel though we were told it's a '4 stars' hotel???
- Toilets in the common areas were dirty and flushing is a problem
- The food for our dinner was below standard too... in fact what we had during our charity mission trips are far much better. Not only that, there were so many uninvited 'guests' (houseflies) at our dinner tables and at the food serving areas... more than in mission trip.
- Next, there was a power failure in the convention hall where we assembled for our meeting. Imagine about 900+ people gathering in the dark and without air-cond. We really had a 'hot' fellowship'. :P


Tuesday:
- Breakfast, hmn... I think it's better to eat at home (you know what I mean?).
- After the complaints made by our organizing committee to the resort management, there was a slight improvement for our lunch. But it's still below the standard of what we expected for the amount we paid. We paid more than what we paid for at Gentling Awana.


- Still no air-cond in the convention hall, but our meeting still went on as per normal. Anyway, our programme made us ignored the shortcomings of the resort.


Wednesday:
- Food had improved a little but hygiene got from bad to worse. The toilets couldn't be flushed, more houseflies, and some of our members got diarrhea.
- Some of us decided to eat out instead.
- The only comfort I had was the "hotspot" the resort provided. Yet its own business center staff didn't know how to use it or its availability till I persisted and asked the reception staff, who directed me to the IT staff.


Thursday:
- End of our church retreat. Some of us drove to KL during lunch time, while the rest went back to their home towns.
- Our conclusion for Tiara Beach Resort? We won't go there again unless there is a significant change in its resort management.


- Reached KL about 2 p.m. Free and easy time after checking into a 4-stars hotel. What a great change in the environment. So clean and cozy.
- I was quite tired, but I still went to shop a little near the place we stayed.


Friday:
- Breakfast was very good... making up for what we missed at Tiara Beach Resort. :D
- We went shopping at Lot 10 the whole day after breakfast. I bought lots of new clothes for my coming new jobs... sales on, cheap and good.:)
- Met up with a few of our Malaysian friends for supper.
- Another tiring day passed by.


Saturday:
- We when to shop the whole day at One Utama after breakfast. Managed to buy my ideal handbags there. :)
- Continued shopping at BBP in the evening and managed to buy my shoes there.
- My legs were so tired by then... we decided to go for legs massage nearby. Feeling better after that.


Sunday:
- We started our journey home after breakfast. Stopped by at Malacca for lunch cum shopping and then to JB for dinner.
- Reached home at about 10.30 p.m.



My Reflections:

I was hoping to get some spiritual recharging during the church retreat, but I guess the many shortcomings in the resort had somehow robbed me of my objective. *sigh*

The only thing I appreciated about the resort is its "hotspot". Perhaps another good thing about the resort would be that it makes going for mission trips not as fearful as one might think, comparatively. :)

Though I might not have learnt much spiritually as I expected, this retreat did help me break away form my intensity of work... I stopped dreaming about my work during the retreat. I have also learnt to sleep early, at about 11 p.m., as I had to wake up at 7 a.m. daily. This new sleep time habit is important for me as I will be starting on another new job tomorrow, where I have to wake up at 7 a.m. daily.

I know I had disappointed someone who wanted to meet me so much while I was in KL. I hope he will understand and doesn't take it as a rejection. This person is a great friend of mine, yet it's not time for us to meet... but I don't know how to explain it to him. I just feel very sorry. :(

I need to refocus my life again as I start on my new job. I will do my best...

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 14 June, 2006 19:18, Blogger Richard said...

Nice to see you back again! You were missed.

Even if you feel the trip was not as spiritually energizing as you had hoped, it seems to have worked well for you in that it helped to take your focus off work.

Let us pray that this has helped to restore some balance in your life.

Not every transformation needs to be accompanied by an obvious sign. Sometimes, just clearing our minds and spirit so we can see where we are going is enough.

Hmmm … so I guess you have decided to take the new job?

 
At 14 June, 2006 21:54, Blogger buzybee said...

Hi Richard, long time no 'see'. Ya, thanks for welcoming me back. :)

Hope that everything is fine with you.

Yes, will be starting my new job tomorrow, so got to sleep by 11 p.m. tonight.

 
At 15 June, 2006 00:24, Blogger Richard said...

I'm fine. I conked out by 22:00 last night, but I was up at 04:30 - so got to work nice and early by 06:00.

Are you excited by your new job? I can't believe you jobs so frequently. I tend to be slow and steady. I've had 4 jobs and they lasted: 2 years, 3 years, 5 years and now I am going on 6 years at the most recent.

Sofia keeps pushing me to get a job in Montreal.

 
At 17 June, 2006 01:01, Blogger luvphobia said...

Welcome back! Looks like it's even better than staying back in SG - I can't wait to get out of here for a getaway!

Anyway, I'm back @ http://luvphobia.lah.cc.

Welcome back bee!

 
At 17 June, 2006 16:51, Blogger buzybee said...

Hi Richard, for education industry, promotion or career advance come cn only happen by changing companies... no choice la. :P

Hi luvphobia, thanks for welcoming me back. Well, it's good to go for oversea holidays once in a while so you can recharge your energy and also appreciate your own country more. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home